mating side

side view

In about 1992, I built a dolls' house and bought these connectors from RS to use as ceiling roses. The picture shows the 'plug'. The plug came with a cover that screwed onto the threaded section. There was a corresponding 'socket' with two pins (which I use as the actual ceiling rose).

The pin spacing appears to be 3mm (definitely more than 2.54mm) and the plug diameter is about 5mm. The pin diameter is <1mm. The socket fitted over the plug. Sadly time (and children) have taken their toll, and this is the last plug. The heat shrink section hides a pea bulb. The sockets are the actual roses and are all glued into the doll's house, so if I can't find more similar plugs, I'll have to re-wire the whole thing.

The only markings I can find are 'EM' in a rectangle, and the digit '3' beside that. The pins are marked 'A' and 'B'.

Thanks in advance.

  • \$\begingroup\$ I have certainly seen this type back in the old days, but don't recall the exact name/part number. \$\endgroup\$
    – Overmind
    Commented Jul 29, 2020 at 11:44
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks a bit like a marine connector (SeaTalk) with fewer pins. Is RS Radiospares (UK) or Radio Shack (US)? \$\endgroup\$
    – user16324
    Commented Jul 29, 2020 at 13:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks. RS=Radiospares UK. I see the similarity with Sea Talk, but mine is definitely not hermetically sealed. BTW, I wondered if EM= E-Mark, but I couldn't see any similar product on their site. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jul 29, 2020 at 15:07

1 Answer 1


This looks like a LV AC connector. I recognize them as connectors used for AC halogen garden lights. Difficult to match it wit a connector name of specific type. These connectors are often proprietary.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.