enter image description here

I was trying to understand the circuit of my mechanical keyboards.

There was a point abbrevated as "JA" on the board.

What does JA stand for?

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ "Jack A", perhaps? Hard to say, might be company-specific. \$\endgroup\$
    – DerStrom8
    Aug 5, 2020 at 11:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a connector based on the silkscreen. Where does the PCB trace go to? It would help to know the context. It might be a debug or manufacturing test jumper or service jumper. \$\endgroup\$
    – Justme
    Aug 5, 2020 at 11:39
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ "J" is common for connectors and the "A" might mean "angled" as per a right angle connector. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Aug 5, 2020 at 11:49
  • \$\begingroup\$ Following the trace from JA-1 is not Possible for Me as it is a Double layered PCB And the trace Goes to the other side from here..I Cannot Access that Side cuz then I have to desolder all Mechanical Switches from Board.. \$\endgroup\$
    – Osama A
    Aug 6, 2020 at 3:12

1 Answer 1


It doesn't necessarily stand for anything. Markings like that are commonly used to indicate where a component goes on the PCB. Usually, the part is marked with some name, "JA-1" in this case, on the electrical schematic. This name is carried over to the PCB layout design as well so designers, layout people, assemblers, anyone working on the device knows what piece goes where.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Board also has other points marked as JA-2 ,JA-3,JA-4 and so on..So Does it Mean JA-1 Is Connected to JA-2 Or Some thing like that..? \$\endgroup\$
    – Osama A
    Aug 6, 2020 at 3:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.