I recall having used a connector family from Amp (now TE) that is very similar to the Molex Mini-Fit Jr family. These connectors are NOT interchangeable. The Amp connector has round pins, the Mini-Fit Jr connector has square pins. However, the body styling is very similar, both in size and polarization keying.

I've been searching but can't seem to find that family. Can anyone tell me the family name or typical part number?


1 Answer 1


That's a big family.

Connectors like the Mini-Fit could be classified as follow;

Power Connectors 4.20 mm pitch up to 13A

Rectangular: Single, Dual Row, other, Wire-to-Board, Wire-to-Wire, Cable-to-Cable

  • Terminal

  • Receptacle

  • Plug , Cap ,

  • Housing (HSG)

  • Header

    • Locking, Double Lock, Triple Lock
    • std temp, high temp
  • Pitch: 3.3, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.6, 7.92, 9 mm

  • etc did not find much

But Search for 4.2mm found : Mate-N-Lok, Val-U-Lok



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.