Just in case: Sorry for the bad English.
I'm trying to do a power consumption data logger. But I don't understand the calc behind this. I got more confused reseaching on internet.
Firts, there is three types of power: Apparent, reactive and real.
- Which of these do I have to consider?
- How do I measure each one?
I took this class many years ago, I don't remember anything. I know tha power is
P = V * I, but the type of power keeps me insecure.
Also. If my sensor registers 500 watts every second:
- Do I need to sum to get total power in one hour and get watts per hour?
- Make sum and make average per hour?
- Convert watts per second to watts per hour and sum?
I will use an ESP32.
For the sensor of current and voltage, I'm still considering the model.