Let us say I have a DAC that gives out differential signal and I want to amplify it. How can I do that?

  • \$\begingroup\$ With 673 points, one should now how to ask questions here. Inserting your title into google results in the differential amplifier and instrumentation amplifier as possibilities. \$\endgroup\$
    – Swedgin
    Sep 1, 2020 at 7:16
  • \$\begingroup\$ THS4521 and similar. Actually... do you need single-ended or differential output? \$\endgroup\$
    – frr
    Sep 1, 2020 at 7:26
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ How can I do that? You would use a differential amplifier, learn about those by putting that term into Google search and doing some studying. \$\endgroup\$ Sep 1, 2020 at 8:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ What kind of output the amplifier should have? Single-ended or differential? Do you want a fully differential amplifier? What is the required bandwidth and dynamic range of the signal? \$\endgroup\$
    – Justme
    Sep 1, 2020 at 9:01

1 Answer 1


You can do this with a differential amplifire or a differential transformer. Take a look at pg.4/pg.5 of this document.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.