I am trying to connect the computer audio output to the cell phone audio input and vice versa. There are two connection designs because I need to be able to connect both to a desktop and a laptop which feature different audio interfaces.
Regarding the connection I have several questions:
- Are the pins correctly connected?
- Will the signal levels work as is or should I amplify/attenuate them?
- Can I only connect one channel and make away with the mixer? Obviously whatever comes out the other channel will be lost, but I am interested in knowing if it is safe to directly connect the audio output of one channel to mic/line in.
- Can you think of a way of mixing the audio channels with only passive components or removing the mixer in any other way?
- The desktop has both mic in (pink color) and line in (light blue color). Which of these inputs is better suited for my application? What do I need to do differently if I connect to one or the other?
Many thanks in advance.