I'd like obtain the transfer function of a large DC power distribution system. My question is whether there's equipment (like vector network analyzers) designed to assist with modeling these type of applications. Most equipment seems to be for analyzing power converter PCBs.
Here are some details about the system:
- The system is a large telecom DC distribution system consisting of lead-acid batteries, rectifiers, buswork, and load equipment (essentially constant-power loads).
- The load is approximately 250kW.
- System voltage is 52V under normal conditions. The voltage falls to 48V during battery discharge.
- The load is not in the same room as the rectifiers/batteries. The separation is about 200ft.
- I'm most interested in the network impedance at relative low frequencies (<100Hz).