Is this a voltage subtractor switching the position of Q1 with Rc1 and Q2 with Rc2 ?Also if we want current to flow from the + sign to the - sign how many times bigger resistor than Rc2 and Rc1 do we need?

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ it is unclear what you are actually trying to ask .. if you want current to flow from + to -, then take a piece of wire ... connect one end to +Vcc and connect the other end to -Vee \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Sep 24, 2020 at 2:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ Let V1 >V2. If I connect it with wire the voltage drop at Rc2 will be increased (because there is extra current(in parallel) flowing from -Vee to Q1. Therefore it will stop working as a differential amplifier.If I put a huge resistor between the + and - the current will be very small and the voltage drop at Rc2 will remain approximately the same. \$\endgroup\$ Sep 24, 2020 at 3:10
  • \$\begingroup\$ there is no V1 and no V2 in the diagram \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Sep 24, 2020 at 3:41


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.