I bought this LED driver for my Cree XHP70.2 LED
The driver specs are:
- Input voltage: DC7V~15V
- Output voltage:DC6V
- Current: 4-4.5A
- Single mode full power
I connected the driver to a power generator that has a current lock, set the max voltage to 15V, and the maximum current to 4.5A. The driver works fine, and it outputs 6V, while the generator supplies a voltage of 7V at 4.5A.
When I connect it to a lipo 4S battery with a voltage of 15V (I checked the voltage with a multimeter), the MOSFET on the driver starts smoking. I replaced the MOSFET, drained the battery to 14V, still the same issue.
Can someone please explain to me what is causing the issue, and how to address it?
Also, if I need a circuit to limit the current for the driver, what's the point of the driver again? Is this driver not rated for such power, or is the product faulty?
EDIT: Talked to the seller and he admitted that the voltage on his store page was incorrect, and came up with a lame excuse why it should be incorrect. Anyway don't buy this product it's junk