I am trying to Reverse Engineering A PCB but I have problem to identify some PCB components(Highlighted components). I don't know whether these are transistors or FETs. As without knowing their actual model number i will not be able to identify their pin configurations.enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ what is your question? \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Oct 28, 2020 at 7:51
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Those are SMD codes on the components, it isn't always possible to find what the actual component is. You can make a more educated guess by: 1) using a multimeter in diode mode to check for diode junctions in the transistors. 2) Examine the circuit around the transistor to see if it matches a commonly used circuit for a BJT or MOSFET. \$\endgroup\$ Oct 28, 2020 at 8:08

1 Answer 1


The parts in the top photo are likely Nexperia PMV45EN2 N-channel MOSFETs.

The parts in the bottom photo are likely Nexperia BC849 BJTs from the 'C' beta bin.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.