I was digging through my things and found this component (48-27SD50020222) but am not sure what it is.

I've tried searching for variations of the number 48-27SD, 48-27SD500, 27SD500, etc. but no luck.

Would any of you know?

enter image description here enter image description here

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ Integrated IR receiver/demodulator. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 11, 2020 at 20:52
  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ the 48-27SD50020222 is probably the board part number \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Nov 11, 2020 at 20:54

1 Answer 1


The comments are correct. That is an IR receiver. It can be used for decoding IR signals from IR transmitters, such as a typical TV remote. And if I'm correct, if it is paired with an IR transmitter, it can be used for short-range distance detection.

You can buy them from any standard online electronics store:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.