We are a access reader manufacturer outside of US. Do we need to obtain UL approval for our reader in order to sell or install in US?

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ Does this answer your question? Is UL approval required on all items sold in the USA \$\endgroup\$
    – ManRow
    Nov 25 '20 at 8:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ This may also be helpful: electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/533406/… Products that are "installed" are required by electrical codes to have a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) listing and label. NRTLs include ETL, CSA and others in addition to UL. Consumers are strongly encouraged to buy only listed and labelled products. Retailers are strongly encouraged to sell only such items. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 25 '20 at 14:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ UL and other NRTLs have offices in many countries. Listing requires periodic inspection of the manufacturer's facility. \$\endgroup\$ Nov 25 '20 at 14:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.