I am repairing an old Marantz stereo amplifier and have come across a varistor MV11Y that appears to be the issue.

Is anyone able to advise/send me the data sheet for this varistor or perhaps let me know an equivalent part?


  • \$\begingroup\$ Was it screwed to a heat sink? \$\endgroup\$
    – ocrdu
    Dec 29, 2020 at 4:35

1 Answer 1


From memory; may be inaccurate but should help you search further (audio repair sites are you best bet):

I think this MV-11Y is used for temperature-compensated biasing and consists of one or more diodes in series (I think 2 for this one).

It is not obtainable anymore, but sometimes seen on Ebay et al. at very steep prices.

I have no idea about the specs, but it is often replaced by one or more 1N4148s in series (2 for this one) by the audio equipment restauration people.

Also see "What can I use to replace an SV-04F bias diode?" for discussion of a similar component.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.