I'm trying to replace a broken potentiometer on a Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2.

My guess is that it is from the Alps RK11K series.

From what I can see:

Part number: 103B 305C - I haven't been able to line this up exactly with any part but I think the "103B" represents 1B taper and the total resistance (I tested the resistance with a multi-meter).

Total Resistance: 10kΩ

Length of the shaft: 14-15mm (from the top of the bushing)

Pinout: 4 pins

Link to RK11K datasheet (pdf): https://tech.alpsalpine.com/prod/e/pdf/potentiometer/rotarypotentiometers/rk11k11/rk11k11.pdf

I've contact Alps but haven't got a response, any help on not only identifying the part but understanding any steps I could take to do it myself would be greatly appreciated.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Is the tap terminal used? \$\endgroup\$ Jan 15, 2021 at 4:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like the one with bushing RK11K114. R-S electronics may have some in UK otherwise , mouser.com, or Digikey \$\endgroup\$ Jan 15, 2021 at 4:08
  • \$\begingroup\$ @SpehroPefhany, looking at the traces, I'm fairly sure only 2 terminals are used. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 15, 2021 at 4:29
  • \$\begingroup\$ @TonyStewartSunnyskyguyEE75 rk11k114 seems to still represent a lot of different possibilities \$\endgroup\$ Jan 15, 2021 at 4:30
  • \$\begingroup\$ The suffix defines the orientation and thread mount \$\endgroup\$ Jan 15, 2021 at 13:14

1 Answer 1


I've realised that by filtering on also needing a centre detent it's definitly the RK11K114001Z.

Unfortunately, it's hard to buy just 1 for a reasonable price.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.