I'm trying to build a diy pedal adapter for my digital piano. The piano has a 6x1 2.54mm pitch female socket header. It has a serrated side, and a little notch on the other side to secure the male connector.

Pedal female connector

Male connector:

Pedal male connector

A schematic view of the connectors:

Schematic connector view

What is the name of this particular pin header connector?

  • \$\begingroup\$ You should take it out and do a better photo. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 17, 2021 at 13:04
  • \$\begingroup\$ I know. Unfortunately I don't have access to the male header. These pictures are everything I could find online. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 17, 2021 at 14:33
  • \$\begingroup\$ replace the connector with a DB9 connector ... duckduckgo.com/?q=db9+connector&iax=images&ia=images \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Jan 17, 2021 at 17:43

1 Answer 1


It's a JST SM connector. I ordered samples of this connector, tested and confirmed this is the one.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.