I was working on an electronics project today and tried powering it with a battery but nothing happened and the battery was new. I eventually used my multimeter and read no voltage at the output of the wires and after measuring the resistance it was reading 0 ohms.
I got another brand new wire and it indeed measured a resistance. I think the old wire is somehow broken but I'm not sure if that's even possible as I've never heard of anything such as this.
Do wires go bad over time? I was under the assumption that wires will keep being conductive forever? If so, what could've caused this and what is actually making the wire behave this way? Thank you.