I am a grade 11 student performing a experiment on relating how external temperature affects the performance of a battery, so its voltage and current change. I've done so much research and cant find a formula that relates temperature to any parameters of a battery. The experiment plan is to get a battery and discharge it at different temperatures but the problem is that I need to have a theoretical formula that supports the results. Could any of you please help find some formulas that I could use. Thank You.
LiPo batteries have a nonlinear behaviour with temperature and varies widely with quality of construction, although there are some generalizations.
- Battery model specifications take precedence over generic expectations
- test with controlled constant current sink vs voltage must not stay under/over voltage for any significant time.
- if specs define capacity and charge cycle life, these will affect temperature results
- several batteries must be tested to determine standard deviation of the experiment
- example specs
- search "google images" for 100mA LiPo temperature performance graphs
- search battery university site for experience
- search "Google Scholar, Microsoft Academic" Research-gate
- define test specs, test methods ( dry ice, thermometer, test point, self-heating), measurement intervals, estimate an acceptance criteria, choose CC sink design, automate test
- have fun