I bought 10 red laser diodes from ebay for cheap and I wanted to create some art sculptures.
The diodes work fine. I connected 2 lasers together in parallel with 2xAA batteries, and it worked alright.
When I connected another 2 lasers, the wires started to overheat (and I smelled something burning.)
I couldn't explain this to myself with my "basic" knowledge of electrical circuitry.
I would expect the lasers not to light up, or the battery to overheat, but how come the individual wires heated up? How could it be that when an individual laser diode is connected it is somehow different when others are connected in parallel. The voltage on each diode is the same, as is the current in the wires.
What am I missing here?