What is this marked symbol, please?

wiring diagram

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ you circled nine symbols \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Feb 24, 2021 at 15:59
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks to me like a series of a capacitor, a resistor or maybe fuse, and a connector. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Feb 24, 2021 at 16:45

1 Answer 1


It's a three-phase magnetic circuit breaker.

  • The parallel lines represent the contacts.
  • The zig-zag represents the overload trip mechanism. It's the same symbol used for solenoid coils in, I think, an American symbol set.
  • \$\begingroup\$ I've always seen solenoid coils use the same bumpy inductor symbol as inductors and transformers. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Feb 24, 2021 at 16:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ I think it's a thermal overload device. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Feb 24, 2021 at 19:01
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Andyaka, I checked before I wrote it but couldn't find a standard to reference. Thermal is the one with two 3/4 circles touching. See design-point.com/wp-content/uploads/…. \$\endgroup\$
    – Transistor
    Feb 24, 2021 at 19:24
  • \$\begingroup\$ I'm not disagreeing. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Feb 24, 2021 at 19:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.