Can I get away with a $60 dollar N-to-N 1 meter cable from a reputable vendor for use in the scenario below? I have limited practical experience with a new VNA that just has an N connector output and in the past I have gotten the plane of calibration right up to the connector that attaches to the DUT.
Here is the scenario
- looking for an antenna match S11 around 2500 MHZ, widest bandwidth 80MHz at 2480MHZ
- Rhode and Schwarz 0-6GHZ open through load calibrator is not assigned any coefficients by Rhode & Schwarz
- calibration plane is at end of 1 meter N-to-N cable, after which port extension will have to compensate for an N-to-UFL adapter in series with 4 inch UFL to UFL cable.
- able to provide good short and open at DUT instead of estimating Td for port extension
- N-to-N cable will be taped so it doesn't flex after calibration.
- Not really planning on using a torque wrench