Can someone help me to identify these two similar SMD components? My guess it could be SMD fuses, 0805 package. But I'm not a hundred percent sure.enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ They look a bit like LEDs to me but without a bit of context I've no idea if that makes sense. \$\endgroup\$
    – user16324
    Commented Mar 6, 2021 at 16:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like the "PTC" type of self-resetting fuse to me. Wouldn't be very high current given how thin those traces are. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Mar 6, 2021 at 16:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ What does that PCB do in the circuit? Is that perhaps protection for an USB connector? \$\endgroup\$
    – Justme
    Commented Mar 6, 2021 at 16:45

1 Answer 1


they are pptcs, to confirm measure the resistance at ambient temperature then heat them a bit with the hot air gun and measure again, they should have the resistance increased by quite a bit


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.