I’m trying to replace a damaged IC due to accidentally short circuit. But it seems like it’s impossible to find original one. How could I find an alternative?


What is 3P=4G 50Q?

Photo showing more of the PCB:

Photo showing more of the PCB

  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ Why do you think this is a MOSFET? \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Mar 19, 2021 at 15:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ Actually I don’t know, but looks similar? \$\endgroup\$ Mar 19, 2021 at 15:29
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ It doesn't look like a MOSFET at all to me. The capacitors and resistor adjacent to it make it look like some kind of integrated circuit, possibly a voltage regulator. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Mar 19, 2021 at 15:30
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ What is the board? Judging by those designators it's quite a complicated circuit. I would trace out what connects to where, and on one of the working ones, what voltages are on each pin relative to ground. I would guess it's a linear regulator, with its input and output capacitors and a feedback resistor, but I'm not certain. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Mar 19, 2021 at 15:40
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ its component id is D1A31A2 .... it could be a diode array of some kind ... how are other ICs identified? \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Mar 19, 2021 at 16:54

1 Answer 1


Thanks @Linkyyy

It’s probably Richtek’s RT2518 (linear regulator). Datasheet here: https://www.richtek.com/assets/product_file/RT2518/DS2518-05.pdf

  • \$\begingroup\$ That could definitely be that IC. \$\endgroup\$
    – Linkyyy
    Mar 19, 2021 at 20:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.