the context is that I am working on project which uses a 32 768 Hz quartz oscillator used for a uC.
My questions are:
- I have read that series resistance should be low (25 to 100 Ohm) otherwise it can lead to oscillator startup failure. But there is an exception for 32 768 Hz crystals. (link1). Why that ?
- I have read that there is series and parallel resonance frequencies (link1 and link2), which can be really close. Is the fundamental frequency the series resonance frequency at it seems on link2?
- On the quartz datasheets (datasheet example), the frequency specified is the series or parallel resonance frequency ? (I guess the parallel resonance frequency since there is a capacitve load specified )
- On the same datasheet, it is specified the load capacitance. What happened if it is not exactly respected? (I guess the final frequency of the system will be not the one specified onto the datasheet)
- On the link at source 2, it is written that the frequency of the oscillation will be between series and parallel resonnance frequency, is that correct ?
Thank you in advance,