I would like to make a wire heater to help a beekeper friend.
My idea was to use a laptop power supply that I got for free. The output is at 19VDC and around 4A maximum. However, when the outputs are short circuited, the supply is beeping (short circuit protection). What would be the best way to use this supply to heat a wire? Is there a way to remove the short circuit protection without the power supply starting a fire? Or is another cheap circuit better ? Thanks.
Edit: It won't actually be in a beehive. The aim is to create a heating system to attach wires to frames in wax, that will melt. The wires are multiple and the system only connects to the wires at each end to heat them. (Sorry English is not my mother language so it's hard to explain, I added an image for illustration).