This is a spst switch working on 2.4 GHz. I want to replace the inductor and capacitors with microstrip line. What is the easy way to do that?

  • \$\begingroup\$ How wide a band around 2.4 GHz are you using? Which inductors and which capacitors do you want to replace? \$\endgroup\$
    – The Photon
    Jun 6, 2021 at 16:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ Its a switch. When it is on it will pass frequencies from 2.2 to 2.6 Ghz. I want to replace all the capacitors and inductors of the circuit. \$\endgroup\$
    – sajib sn
    Jun 7, 2021 at 13:54

1 Answer 1


2.4 GHz is a fairly low frequency when it comes to trying to make useful L or C-equivalents with microstrip structures.

But instead of trying to make direct equivalents, you could consider some other options that will achieve the required functionality.

  • Instead of capacitors C19 and C20, you could make a directional coupler structure that blocks DC while passing your 2.4 GHz signal.

  • Instead of L13, you can work out what length of shorted stub line produces a high impedance at its input at 2.4 GHz.

  • You could do the same for L14, but you'll have to be careful how you terminate it.

You probably can't generate 220 nF of capacitance in a practical microstrip structure to replace C21. But you might be able to find a parallel combination of discrete capacitors that provides low impedance over your signal band, in order to terminate the stub line you're using to replace L14.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.