After posting: Programming/Debugging with ICD3 and PIC16F819-I/P
I'm still getting the MPLAB error:
ICD3Err0045 - You must connect a target device to use MPLAB ICD 3
My Setup (pinout and wireup):
MPLAB Screen (You may need to zoom in a bit):
I did notice that under Programmer > Settings > Status:
- Target Vdd seems wrong (0.02 persist even after clicking 'refresh').
- "Allow ICD 3 to select memories and ranges" is set
- "Power target circuit from MPLAB ICD3" is unchecked.
Voltage between PIC pins 5 and 14 is 5.14, but once I try to connect to ICD3 and click "Reconnect" this voltage drops to 3.4
- My voltage supply is an AC to DC adapter from a wireless mic receiver (SHURE PS21US,
output 12V, 400 mah) put through a
voltage dividerL7805CV to give me 5.08 volts.
- The datasheet for the PIC16F819 can be found here.
EDIT: I added a 5V voltage regulator, and a .01uF cap across Vdd and GND (before it even goes to the regulator), and a 2.6k resistor in series with !MCLR. Still getting the same error (Programmer status remains unchanged even after refresh - it's like ICD3 isn't grounded...just guessing though).
What am I doing wrong?