I need to replace a diode on heavily damaged board. Unfortunately, I don't have any schematics. It is an SOD-123 package (I measured it and it is around 3.6 mm width.)

Is there a way to identify it?

Sorry for the image quality, I hope is enough to identify the component.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ I hope that damage was caused mechanically, otherwise the fault that lead to this is probably still there and replacing the diode might not be sufficient \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jul 18, 2021 at 17:10
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes.. unfortunately the damage was a mechanical one…an human error on mounting the board on the main system \$\endgroup\$
    – Marco
    Commented Jul 18, 2021 at 17:20
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ that's good! if it was electrical, you'd probably have a problem elsewhere, too. Anyway, context for identification is usually helpful: can you show what components are around this? Maybe even reverse-engineer the schematic a bit? \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jul 18, 2021 at 17:21
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Can you still measure it's forward voltage to determine if it's a schottky? Perhaps this is some manufacturer's marking for the popular SS14. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Jul 18, 2021 at 17:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ Why is your image mirrored? Surely you can take a better picture than this and, if you took it originally, how did you manage to mirror it? \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Commented Jul 18, 2021 at 17:38

1 Answer 1


Possibly 40V 1A Schottky diode.

Photo from LCSC.com: enter image description here


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.