I am having a terrible time trying to learn how to use Altium - compared to RS DesignSpark PCB. Everything seems to be all over the place (especially regarding libraries).
In DesignSpark, we right click on a component in the schematic, "Edit component" and in this view we can modify everything about the component from pin mapping to schematic symbol, and PCB footprint - regardless of where the library is.
In Altium, I know how to get the pin mapping and the full paths of the libraries used - but I don't want to have to then look for matching files in the tree or Windows's explorer. That's too slow - especially given that I can't even copy the full paths.
Possible reasons to have to do that:
- Correct a mistake has been made in the footprint of a component while editing the PCB
- Create another footprint for a component in the same library where its current footprint is defined
- Correct a mistake has been made in the symbol of a component while editing the schematic, or just to adjust the pin spacing for convenient/readability in the schematic
- Add a component in the same library as another component
- Check the footprint of a component
How do you do you navigate between schematic, symbols, and footprints in Altium?