A friend has had a thermostat failure, and a cable is on (very long) backorder. It's getting cold up here in New England, so he asked if I can identify the connector type so that he might get a temporary replacement.

Well, I can't. It's not something I recognize, although it stirs very faint memories.

Can anybody help?

enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ It's a standard pluggable terminal block. Without dimensions (e.g. pitch), further details can't be given. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Sep 28, 2021 at 23:26
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @TomCarpenter - Thanks for the response. I've pinged my friend for a pitch measurement. In the meantime, is there a manufacturer I could take a look at? \$\endgroup\$ Commented Sep 28, 2021 at 23:39
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ Phoenix Contact makes connectors like that. \$\endgroup\$ Commented Sep 28, 2021 at 23:43
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ what's wrong with the cable? \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Commented Sep 29, 2021 at 1:10
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Seriously, it's a super common terminal block, they are literally everywhere. Just measure the pitch. Spontaneously it looks like 3,5mm but it's hard to tell from a picture. \$\endgroup\$
    – Lundin
    Commented Sep 29, 2021 at 6:44

1 Answer 1


If the pitch is 5 mm: https://www.digikey.com/short/f8dw0vm1 (various brands, including Phoenix Contact COMBICON MSTBVA 1755590)

If the pitch is 5.08 mm: https://www.digikey.com/short/mbmmpwh3 (various brands, including Molex Eurostyle ESE 39535 0395355011).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.