I am experimenting with a VoIP phone from the NEC DT700 series, and it uses a connector like this to access a serial console on a UART:

Close up of connector in question

I would like to buy a matching plug so that I can easily plug in to the serial console as needed, as the small pins are only 0.8mm 1.25mm apart and so very difficult to attach probes to. However I do not know what to search for!

Does anyone know what this type of connector is called?

EDIT: I originally had this as 0.8mm pin pitch but as pointed out in the answer, it's actually 1.25mm.


1 Answer 1


I believe the part number of that connector is DF13E-10DP-1.25V although the pitch on it is actually 1.25mm.

Here’s a link to the catalog. The mating part number is DF13-10DS-1.25C.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find any in stock so it may be hard to find, but you can harvest one from an adapter

  • \$\begingroup\$ It certainly looks the part! On my connector, I measure 5.04mm between the five pins on one side. But apparently I didn't calculate it properly, because 5.04mm divided by 4 pins gives very close to 1.25mm, so you were right! \$\endgroup\$
    – Malvineous
    Oct 2, 2021 at 9:35
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ I found a seller on Aliexpress selling 28AWG 300MM DF13 1.25mm Pitch DF13 Series 1.25 mm pitch Connector Wire Harness double head which looks like what I'm after. \$\endgroup\$
    – Malvineous
    Oct 2, 2021 at 9:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Malvineous Please note that 1.27mm is the most common pitch and 1.25mm is an oddball one. It's pretty hard to measure with a caliper, though if you get 5.04 the pitch might be 1.00mm which is also a common one. \$\endgroup\$
    – Lundin
    Oct 11, 2021 at 7:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.