**this is the only connection on a beautiful PE 2005 Turntavle I came across. It spins quietly and I'd love to give it a listen, but I dint know what kind of connection this is. ** this is the only connection on a vintage turntable I came across. what is it?

  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ Looks like a DIN connector with one pin missing. \$\endgroup\$
    – ocrdu
    Commented Oct 12, 2021 at 20:33

1 Answer 1


Looks a lot like a 180 degrees 5 pin DIN plug. One of the pins looks like it has broken off, or was never there. Sockets are readily available.

enter image description here

I got this picture from here - https://www.wikiwand.com/en/DIN_connector

The website also shows common pin uses in audio.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.