I am trying to measure an AC voltage using an ADC. However, the ADCs I know only measure the positive voltage. Hence, I am thinking of converting the AD to DC with an offset using the following circuit.
To offset the voltage, I need a voltage reference. I want it to be exactly half of 3.3V so that the ADC full scale can be used.
I don't know what the correct procedure is to generate the exact voltage reference. I am seeing there exists some voltage reference ICs but not for 1.65V.
I produced the following circuit, is there any better way than this?
I have following questions:
- Is my offset circuit is correct? I have taken it from here.
- If it is correct what are the recommended values for R and C?
- Is there an ADC which can measure negative voltages?
- Is my circuit to generate 1.65V is good? Is there a better option?
- Is there an IC which generates 1.65V?
- Is there an IC which provides offset of the input voltage?