I am trying to identify and replace a component on a small power control board for a children's rocker.

The rocking function was stuck on for a while then completely failed.

I dissected the device and found some crispy looking components on the power input board.

There are two surface mount components highlighted in green boxes.

One is a resistor that measures at 50 ohms. I'm not sure what the other device even is. It appears it may have a Y2 stamped on the top but it's hard to discern, I figured I would try to fix it for fun.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Designator Q would indicate it is a transistor, with half-charred markings. \$\endgroup\$
    – Justme
    Commented Nov 18, 2021 at 21:36
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ To me, Q4 begins with "28", with the rest of the number burned away. \$\endgroup\$
    – Simon B
    Commented Nov 18, 2021 at 22:01

1 Answer 1


I don't see the Y2 in the photo, but if that's what it is, SS8550 (a small PNP transistor) would be likely. Looks like a high-side switch connection. 2TY is a similar part S8550.

  • \$\begingroup\$ I used google and got a lot of hits with "IC y2". You might try and see if you can find it. It is possible the manufacturer could supply you with a parts list and/or a BOM. \$\endgroup\$
    – Gil
    Commented Nov 18, 2021 at 23:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.