I've seen this *connector on various rf amplifiers and the like, it's an insulated center pin and a grounded chassis (this one has a tab on the connector)

What is the recommended way to connect to this? I can easily 'make' something work, but I'd rather use it the way it's designed to be used.Bias Tee Power Injector

*Not the SMA connectors

  • 3
    \$\begingroup\$ It’s not a connector but a feed through capacitor. The intention is to solder a wire to it. \$\endgroup\$
    – Kartman
    Commented Dec 7, 2021 at 1:27
  • \$\begingroup\$ What does the module specification tell you about that connector. Clearly if it's some cheap s41t off peebay then you won't get an answer. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Commented Dec 7, 2021 at 10:47

1 Answer 1


That is not a connector. That is a feed-through capacitor. The long lead you see coming out of is is simply its terminal. It is intended for soldering to a wire. As it is a "permanent" connection, that is not a connector. Solder a red wire to that lead, and a black wire to the solder lug as the base of the feed-through capacitor. Then apply the voltage to those two wires, positive on the red wire. (How much voltage, I don't know.)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.