I have a device that subjects fluid in a cuvette to a DC voltage waveform for a few seconds. The device is pretty powerful (lots of capacitors), able to continuously deliver up to 1,000 Vdc @ 40 A through the cuvette.
I am looking for a fluid to use in testing that:
- Visually indicates when subjected to voltage or current
- Note: electrolysis bubbling or temperature change isn't good enough
- Ideal: fluid shimmers, sparkles, or changes color
- Impedance somewhat resembles that of water
- Nice-to-have: multi-use
- Can be zapped multiple times with the same visual response
Are there fluids out there which possess these properties?