According to Faraday's Law, a changing magnetic field of a primary coil causes an instantaneous change in emf of the other coil. I have 60Hz AC from the variac so like a transformer, AC happens in all affected coils. I am lost though since the secondary coil does not have any AC. The primary connection is in series. I have tried to move the secondary coil closer to the first coil and I have tried using a magnetic core using neodymium magnets and I have tried using different light bulbs but to no luck. The following data that I have recorded is below.
Materials used are:
- 13 AWG copper magnet wire
- 2 light bulbs, the ones I have chosen are rated at 12W
- Variac(AC power)
- Alligator clips
- Wooden Frame
- Lightbulb screw-on case
- 0.034A @ ~25VAC for the primary connection
- Current increases as VAC increases
- 0.2 ohm resistance on each coil
- 1.5Mohm resistance on the lightbulb used in the picture
- Continuity exists checking on the coils, variac, primary connections, and secondary connections.
Any help would be great!