I need help identifying this symbol it's on a solar inverter it's something on the ac input side to me it looks like the burnt component at question is a non polarized capacitor but the symbol doesn't match.

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't understand what how these pictures are related. The second is a fuse symbol, but what does that have to do with the melted goo in picture 1? \$\endgroup\$
    – Lundin
    Jan 21, 2022 at 12:46
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Probably a MOV. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 21, 2022 at 12:50
  • \$\begingroup\$ @Unimportant MOV in series with the line? \$\endgroup\$
    – Stiddily
    Jan 21, 2022 at 17:02
  • \$\begingroup\$ That is the symbol under that melted peice and its actually not a goo it's like a ceramic disk \$\endgroup\$ Jan 21, 2022 at 17:23
  • \$\begingroup\$ electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/249408/… \$\endgroup\$ Jan 21, 2022 at 18:59


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.