I am creating a board based on a circuit diagram that just states "HT7333A" as identifier for a part.

Searching on octoparts.com, I can find two different manufacturers that make pretty similar voltage regulators: Holtek and UMV

Spec sheets:

They look similar, but their internal circuit diagrams differ slightly.

Still, I assume that the identical serial numbers suggest that they are meant to be used equivalently?

Can I use them interchangeably?

  • \$\begingroup\$ My browser warns me about an unsecure connection when I click the Holtek datasheet link. You may want to find another source for it. And I'm afraid I can't read Chinese, so I can only get the gist of the UMV one. I would just skip both of these and go for one from a company I've heard of, personally. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Feb 20, 2022 at 19:19
  • \$\begingroup\$ As a pro I would recommend that you choose a regulator that is suitable for the design - if you are a hobbyist and don't know how to do this then sorry. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Feb 20, 2022 at 19:23

1 Answer 1


Yes, I am sure you will find they work perfectly well either way. Based on their pinouts, input, and output descriptions and limits, I would say they are equivalent. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the exact same IC, with just different manufacturers (who knows how they both happened to design the same chip lol)

  • \$\begingroup\$ Maybe it's the same factory line even... \$\endgroup\$ Feb 20, 2022 at 19:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.