I need to connect some lead-acid batteries together, to form a bank. A fair amount of current will be drawn from them.

However, I haven't seen the terminals used in those batteries before. What should I use to form a solid connection between them?


enter image description here


1 Answer 1


These are called spade connectors.

Spade connector

They're often available with plastic covers to make them a little bit safer against someone dropping a spanner on the terminals. Here's some with a useful banana plug lead on:

Lead acid battery lead

Available from Gliders Distribution


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.