We got a project for a client but our lights are too bright for the space, we still want to sell the the lights because we have extra inventory and need a way to dim the LED output to 25W instead of 50W while the wall switch still controls dimming as if it was normal.

Someone suggested something like this: https://ctmlyng.no/wp-content/uploads/Datasheet_MDimLed_Micro_1403888_LR.pdf

But having a hard time finding the real name or even know if that would work the same way as mentioned above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  • \$\begingroup\$ Can you modify the Fixtures? You could also add a buck transformer to drop the voltage. Just a guess as there not enough information. \$\endgroup\$
    – Gil
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 4:04
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Need light datasheet pls \$\endgroup\$ Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 4:32
  • \$\begingroup\$ I would call this an In-Line Dimmer switch. Some of these are being designed to be very small an compact, (as the part you linked to). \$\endgroup\$
    – Nedd
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 4:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes, we're on the manufacturing side. The fixture can be modified but the ballast cannot. \$\endgroup\$
    – VV1993
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 4:58
  • \$\begingroup\$ Spec (very similar to this with changes): drive.google.com/file/d/1dfnap0NBgq_7RFDkLuk3lOMYWzto8z5T/… \$\endgroup\$
    – VV1993
    Commented Apr 22, 2022 at 5:10


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.