I’m hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. Im trying to identify this cable as I need to get a longer one.

All help is appreciated
enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ Make it easier for your readers and attract knowledgeable folks by giving more clues in the title. "Help identifying this 54-pin, 0.5 mm pitch flexible PCB-style ribbon cable" and in the post explain what appliance it came out, of, approximate year of manufacture, give further dimensions and state whether it's single or double-sided. \$\endgroup\$
    – Transistor
    May 6, 2022 at 22:15
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ What about it needs identifying? Which cable it is, or what device uses the cable? Well, it might be a display cable. There's two heavy power buses for something, such as backlight or display supply, as there are two sets of five pins grouped together which might be because of large currents, and there is five sets of differential pairs which could be used for high speed data and clocks. It might be a cable for an LVDS display. \$\endgroup\$
    – Justme
    May 6, 2022 at 22:46

1 Answer 1


This is not actually a cable, but a flexible PCB (FPC) which is (likely) designed and manufactured for one specific device. Your only chance to get a longer one is probably to reverse engineer the cable and design a longer version of it.

Flex PCBs are not that expensive, so that'd not be unrealistic if a longer version is really required.

A dirty solution could also be to simply cut it in half and extend it with ordinary ribbon cable, but that's only acceptable for a hobby project and if you make sure not to change the cables properties too much. For example, I see wide tracks on the FPC, those seem to have low resistance (for high current?).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.