What is this part? I've googled the code on top and haven't found any datasheet. It's connected to the AC supply on a WiFi switch that I'm trying to repair so I figure it's a rectifier, but it also has 3 pins on the other side.

the picture of the part

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ The 2 pin component at the bottom the PCB appears to have dry joints? \$\endgroup\$ Aug 2, 2022 at 21:05
  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes I soldered those up and current is passing fine through them. It is the main chip that is receiving no current after being rectified/step-downed so I assumed it's this chip because all the diodes on-board are fine. \$\endgroup\$ Aug 2, 2022 at 21:43

1 Answer 1


It appears to be a Bright Power Semiconductor buck regulator — maybe a discontinued or not-listed part, given that it doesn't appear on their site and datasheets can't be found, but there are several parts with similar part numbers, package, and markings on this page.

Your guess is as good as mine what the correct specs are for the 2905 without a datasheet, though.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.