I could use some help identifying the component in the picture. It is marked T2N, but I have no idea about the specifications. It is from a 1993 Lexus LS400 engine ECU, these are known for their leaking capacitors. This SMD component was mounted near a leaking capacitor and the leads / soldering pads were affected. Now I need to replace it, but I'm not sure which component I should order. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated! (the photo shows the same parts on the back side of the circuit board)enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Nothing on yooneed, likely custom-made. \$\endgroup\$
    – rdtsc
    Commented Sep 15, 2022 at 12:03

1 Answer 1


There are a lot of different diode parts with similar numbers, without the manufacturer ID (the broken cathode line is a clue if someone recognizes it) and the case size are likely required. It's probably T2 + lot number or something of that ilk.

However, there is nothing bad that a leaking capacitor is going to do to a plastic packaged diode. Just clean it off. Even if the pads/leads are eroded due to errant current flowing through spilled electrolyte there should still be plenty enough to repair.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks for your answer. The reason I need to replace this component is that the leads were corroded (and broken) by the electrolyte. It just fell off when I touched it. \$\endgroup\$
    – Arnold
    Commented Sep 17, 2022 at 11:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.