What is that red symbol on the schematic?

enter image description here


1 Answer 1


I would say that is a group of solder pads that are used as jumpers - short the center and top pads with a blob of solder to select one function, and bottom and center for the other.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ It is indeed a 3-way Surface-Mount (SMD) jumper. I used these A LOT for physical debugging purposes \$\endgroup\$ Oct 2, 2022 at 19:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ Isn't something like that tool, or company dependent? \$\endgroup\$
    – SteveSh
    Oct 2, 2022 at 21:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ @SteveSh: Yes. Both the schematic symbol and pcb footprint may vary between designers, or even between jobs for a given designer. \$\endgroup\$ Oct 2, 2022 at 21:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ +1 In this case, it might be used for address selection for an I2C peripheral. \$\endgroup\$ Oct 3, 2022 at 1:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.