I'm trying to resurrect a computer board that was damaged by overvoltage, and I'm having trouble identifying one of the components.

It's a surface-mount chip, six pins, 2mm along its longest side, and the only identifying markings are the letters "KE".

From what I can tell by its position it is power related, either a transformer or a diode of some kind. The board has a 5V supply voltage. All instances of this component I've found are labelled as "DCn".

Close-up of chip, 6-pin "KE" IC highlighted with a red box

I've written to the manufacturer asking for a circuit diagram or list of parts, but I haven't heard back. Does anyone on here happen to know what this chip is and where/if I can find a replacement? If it makes any difference, the board is a Diamond Systems AUR-Z530 series.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ From the designator DC Likely a clamping diode array, such as a TVS. It looks like just protecting the KBMS1 external header from ESD. Likely not at all related to your motherboard being toast from overvoltage. Also no manufacturer will support a common user with motherboard schematics, that's business critical info, they won't bother even answering. \$\endgroup\$
    – Justme
    Commented Oct 18, 2022 at 11:25
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Looks like pins 2 and 5 are the power rail(s), and the other pins are the TVS pins. Make sure none of them are shorted to the power rail(s). \$\endgroup\$
    – rdtsc
    Commented Oct 18, 2022 at 12:19

1 Answer 1


I actually heard back from the manufacturers in the end; it is indeed a diode/TVS array, specifically a PLR0504F. I was linked to a datasheet here: http://www.protekdevices.com/xyz/documents/datasheets/plr0504f.pdf


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.