I have 4 N-channel MOSFETs connected in a bootstrap configuration with an IRS2108 MOSFET driver. Currently, only the low-side output works with this circuit. I am not sure why that is.
The schematic depicts a different MOSFET driver, it was changed to the one mentioned above.
Test condition: I put a 40 % duty cycle, 10 Vp-p square wave input on Hin and Lin. For the output I can only measure the LO signals from both the MOSFET drivers. No Ho output.
There is about 500 ns dead-time introduced in the signals by the MOSFET driver. I have changed the bootstrap capacitor to 330 nF, 50 V and the capacitor for the MOSFET driver VCC has also been changed to 4.7 µF.
Any help or guidance is welcome.
Edit 2: I made the test as stated by @rohat Kilic. (Removed the Hhgh side MOSFET and left the resistor between source and gate of the high side MOSFET.) With MOSFETS Q4 and Q5 still on the PCB, I have this waveform:
Yellow is the HO, and Green is the LO of the LEFT hand side of the schematic.
The waveform of the right hand side which includes the MOSFETs Q2 and Q4 is as below.
Yellow is the LO and green is the HO. Ho is different in this case. which means something to do with the bootstrap capacitor? I replaced it but still have the same output.
Tested with 100 kHz. Circuit doesn't want to work when all MOSFETS are soldered to the board.
Edit 3: Vboot waveform of the two MOSFET drivers. Green: The one the right Yellow: The one on the left I have no clue if this is how it should be. Referenced to ground.
Edit 4: I noticed a that the numbering of the source and the drain in the schematics and that given in the datasheet are different.
I need a new pair of eyes because i think this might be the cause of my issue, but the more I compare it with the layout in my PCB design, I feel like there is nothing wrong. But for sure the numbering is an issue.
This is a clip from the PCB of the two MOSFETS Q3 and Q5 that are connected to IC1.
The Footprint of the MOSFET was wrong, i.e., the source and the drain were interchanged with each other. I was able to cut the traces on the PCB and Solder the new connections using small cables. By making the changes i no longer have the short circuit issue that i previously had, and now all 4 MOSFETs work together.