I just finished assembling my PCB with an ATSAMD21G18A and was super thrilled to flash it with my program. Sadly Atmel Studio tells me that it can't find the device.
I tried to debug the whole thing, but I still don't have it working. I think I'm missing something.
What I have:
- I can read the target voltage in Atmel studio, and it seems to be good (3.3v)
- I can measure VDD_Core at ~1.2V, which is nominal.
- I can measure the SWDIO and SWCLK signals on the JTAG (presumably sent from the Atmel ICE)
- I double checked that the JTAG is connected to the SAM connector and not the AVR connector (did that mistake before)
- The power supply is showing about 2mA current draw. (not a lot, isn't it)
What i'm missing:
- Somehow the external clock doesn't start to swing. I don't know what the default setting is, if it should start to swing with a unflashed uC or not. I can't read the Device ID or read from flash in Atmel
- Studio (Error: Device not found).
The clock not swinging is my biggest worry, but the ATSAM should have an internal clock to work on, right?
The program I'm trying to flash is a example code for the SAMD21 eval board (LED_TOGGLE).
Do you have any idea why the uC might not be working? I have to admit, that this is the first time I've tested this PCB, so it might as well be another issue.