What are these orange components and what are they used for?

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ More pictures would be helpful, from different angles. And a schematic. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Commented Nov 17, 2022 at 20:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ Plus, what is the product. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Commented Nov 17, 2022 at 21:07
  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't think they're capacitors, but that color orange epoxy is exactly same as the famous "orange drop" capacitors.... tubesandmore.com/products/capacitors-orange-drop-600v-polyester \$\endgroup\$
    – Kyle B
    Commented Nov 17, 2022 at 21:46
  • \$\begingroup\$ Looks like some sort of EMI suppressor such as a ferrite bead. Hard to tell from that angle though. \$\endgroup\$
    – GodJihyo
    Commented Nov 17, 2022 at 22:35

1 Answer 1


They appear to be EMI filters similar to these. They are used to suppress electomagnetic interference (EMI). As far as I know the coating is to keep the bead from rattling around on the wire.

enter image description here

Image from linked page.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.