I am trying to identify the red cylindrical component from the board. There are 5 of these on the board.

Can anyone identify the manufacturer part number? enter image description here

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Maybe trimpots. Could you possibly wipe some of the grime off them so the markings are readable? \$\endgroup\$ Commented Dec 22, 2022 at 4:23
  • \$\begingroup\$ Not possible at the moment. WIll update again once I get a chance to wipe it. \$\endgroup\$
    – Lok
    Commented Dec 22, 2022 at 5:15
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ please show a clear picture of the component that is well lit ... pictures of components in shadows are not useful \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Commented Dec 22, 2022 at 5:23
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ I read 10k(omega) on the one on the top left. \$\endgroup\$
    – Bryan
    Commented Dec 22, 2022 at 6:21
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ I don't see a red cylindrical component. Everything is black :) \$\endgroup\$ Commented Dec 22, 2022 at 8:16

1 Answer 1


These are "trimpots". Also known as potentiometers, or variable resistors. Trimpots

(image source: Now defunct ebay listing) (New image source found by SamGibson: https://www.radio741.com/46050-4m7-47mohm-potentiometer-trimmer-piher-qty-10.html)

If you clean them carefully, you can probably see their value written on the outer radius.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.