I am trying to identify a Hall-sensor located on a keyboard. There is one of these sensors underneath every key. One of them are broken and needs replacing. However, I cannot identify the component.

The markings read 95B2h

It's a SOT-23 (or perhaps a slightly wider SOT-23W) package.

It appears to be an analog output as confirmed by oscilloscope (each sensor is connected to a Texas Instruments CD74HC4067 analog multiplexer.) The sensor is uni-polar as testing with a magnet only triggers the sensor from one direction. The supply voltage is 4V. The output voltage varies between 0-2V depending on key position.

Here is a picture of the component (this one isn't broken): enter image description here

This is the pinout: enter image description here

Here is a scope capture showing the supply voltage (yellow) and the output (blue) when the key is slightly depressed. My ground lead was less than optimally placed. enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ The supply voltage goes as low as 1.4V on some of the sensors. \$\endgroup\$
    – wronex
    Commented Dec 23, 2022 at 15:50
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Are you sure it's an analogue output - did you confirm this? Just because it goes into analogue multiplexor can't mean it's not a digital output. \$\endgroup\$
    – Andy aka
    Commented Dec 23, 2022 at 15:54
  • \$\begingroup\$ Good point @Andyaka. I hooked up a scope. The signal is indeed PWM at 220Hz. I've edited the question to reflect this. \$\endgroup\$
    – wronex
    Commented Dec 23, 2022 at 16:28
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ is the supply voltage DC? \$\endgroup\$
    – jsotola
    Commented Dec 23, 2022 at 16:54
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Might you swap it for one on a key you don't use much (e.g. PrtScr) while you're looking for a replacement? If you had mentioned the manufacturer of the keyboard, maybe someone would have been able to instantly reply with a reference to the actual part. There are reddit keyboard enthusiasts who know the answer ;) Have you tried resoldering it just in case the problem is only a faulty solder joint? \$\endgroup\$ Commented Dec 23, 2022 at 19:48

1 Answer 1


If your measurements are correct, it means that Wooting might be using custom analog-output, hall-effect sensors. Out of the many analog-output, hall-effect sensors I’ve looked at, only one has been unipolar, and none output 0V.

  • \$\begingroup\$ The DRV5056 has a device marking of 56A1Z, while the IC in question has a marking of 95B2h. \$\endgroup\$
    – Velvet
    Commented Apr 18, 2023 at 6:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.